Heya chavitos. Life is tough when they recall your kombucha addiction, but beer still has alcohol in it and you can always get a fix with some thai hot chili peppers. Also there is this excellent film suggestion.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
MUSTANG, Oklahoma – I-dosing on "digital drugs" is becoming an alarming new trend amongst teens.
Web sites are luring kids with free downloads of "digital drugs," which are audio files designed to induce drug-like effects. The sites claim it is a safe and legal way to get high, but parents fear it could lead to illegal drug use.
Teens Now Getting High Off 'Digital Drugs' - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK |
I've been doing digital drugs for years, and I'm fine. Just always know your source. You don't want to get a file laced with some virus.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Captain Scallywag checking in with Trees in the Air for a first time posting. While it is an honor to be brought in to such a high-quality, exclusive blog posting community such as TITA, let me remind you all that 80% of a dragonfly's brain is used for visual interpretation, and they eat mosquitos . Additionally, scavenger hunts are great, here is the first of many.
The next time you find yourself surrounded by hobos, hipsters and haighters - you will make an attempt at completing this great scavenger hunt. Location is key with this one, if you are not in the storied Haight Ashbury district of San Francisco you will fail. Best of luck to all you scavengers and remember, people will do things for you if you tell them it is for a scavenger hunt!
Rules and Regulations:
1. Do this
3. All your sources must be cited
4. All tasks are worth one (1) point unless otherwise noted
7. 14 year olds have had wild success with this
8. Don’t be square, be circular
Things to be brought back:
- find something with the name “HAIGHT” on it (bonus for “Ashbury” on same item)
- find 60 of something
- most obscure free newspaper
- find the largest free rainbow item
- trade your received item for a more colorful item at least 3 times (each trade must be for a more colorful item)
- find $1 item that most represents the 60’s
- find a menu from a restaurant that existed in the 60’s with a circled menu item that was served then (you may have to ask the owner/manager)\
Things to be photographed:
- find the grateful dead/Jefferson airplane house
- find five unique tye-dye items (no two items can be from same store)
- photograph someone born in as many years of the 60’s as possible:
60___ 61___ 62___ 63___ 64___ 65___ 66___ 67___ 68___ 69___
- find a written definition of groovy (not on a screen)
- find a top ten album from 1968 (bonus for title of track 4(bonus-bonus for knowing the chorus))
- draw a mandala in the sidewalk (you should first know what a mandala is)
- find 6 unique smiles
Things to be done:
- start a “honk if you ….” protest and get five (5) honks
- dance to appropriate boombox choreography/give out flowers/sing 'I am the walrus' when appropriate
- strum as many stringed instruments as possible
- get two people to debate on the beatles vs. the rolling stones
Things to discover (source must be noted - phone use is discouraged):
- find the oldest establishment and the year it was established (bonus for the original owner’s name)
- find 3 foreigners, they’re names and country of origin:
- find best catch phrase/slogan (bumper sticker/poster/t-shirt/etc.)
- name as many grateful dead members as possible
- find eight (8) artists that performed in Woodstock ‘69
- find your rising astrological signs
- find what year the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show (bonus for finding someone who saw that appearance and hearing their story)
- find 5 albums from the doors
- find 3 supplements vegans use and why
- find who the Mayor of San Francisco was in 1962 and 1967
-find two restaurants serving local produce
*Don’t forget that “Swagger Points” may be given without cause or justification at the discretion of the judges.